A new trucking terminal for R & L Carriers
This new trucking terminal is located on 18 acres in Farmington, Minnesota including a 108 door cross-dock truck terminal, a 5 bay truck maintenance building including 2 drive thru inspection bays and a truck wash bay. An on-site 4 lane fueling station with two 20,000 gallon underground fuel tanks provided for fleet service. Also 5,000 sq. ft. of office area for dispatch and terminal support. Exterior building materials upgraded to be consistent with local zoning ordinances on all buildings. Extensive site developments incorporated including concrete paving, truck plug ins, secure access to yard, on-site fire hydrants and storm water control.
- Site design incorporates future expansion of cross dock terminal
- Truck scale on-site
- Mechanic’s oversized truck repair pit
- Secure yard area with guard station
- On-site tractor and trailer parking areas
- Working with existing gas easement on-site
- City street extension to serve site
Complete design build package including assistance with site selection, platting and rezoning activities, coordination with government agencies to extend utility services to the site, storm-water management plan for the new development and master planning the site for future expansion. Served in the roll of Architect and General Contractor.