If you are currently seeking an industrial site to land your office warehouse, office manufacturing, or office distrubution facility, the Airlake Industrial Park may be an ideal fit.
The team at APPRO Development has created a list of five signs you should look for, if considering a new location.
Take a look at the following list to learn more about:
- The benefits of locating your business in the Airlake Industrial Park
- Items to consider before making a move
- Additional impacts of choosing the right site for your business
Let’s start with the 5 signs…
There are five items (signs) you should consider when choosing a location in the Airlake Industrial Park (or any site for that matter):
1. Location, location, location. First of all, where are you located now? Is that working for you? You may be reading this blog post because you are interested in the Airlake Industrial Park, (or Lakeville, possibly?) and want to learn more. Consider where you and your employees live. What is the current commute like? Is Lakeville in your backyard? Does that matter to you and your employees? Do you need to be close to the Interstate? Or, near a small airport? If you have answered “yes” to some of these questions, Airlake may be a good fit.
2. Amenities. This ties into the first “sign” or consideration, but it is important to consider what your business location has access to for your business to thrive, and to keep high employee retention. Do you prefer to be close to restaurants? To shopping? Are hotels a factor for clients? Does rail access factor into your decision? What about outdoor storage? Are any of these things your business would like, but doesn’t currently have?
3. Price. When considering a location, pricing can vary from parcel to parcel. Not only the price of land, but what is included. Is the parcel of consideration “raw land” or has it been platted? Does it have utilities to the site? At what stage of development is the parcel of consideration – fully platted with lots and blocks, platted as an outlot, or raw land, just waiting to be developed? All of these items factor into pricing considerations. We have a variety of land parcels available in the Airlake Industrial Park in terms of stage of development, and also in terms of cost per square foot.
4. Business Type. Not all land parcels are right for all types of businesses. Zoning must be taken into consideration. Say for example, you have a great idea for a daycare for pets. Current Lakeville zoning code will not allow this type of use in a commercial zoning district, and therefore must be located in an industrial zoning district, unless City approval is sought for a change to the current zoning code. Knowing the current code and how that impacts your business makes a difference.
5. Future. Where do you project your business to be in 5 years, 10 years, or more? Are you on a site now which you are able to expand upon? Do you plan to add more staff? Do you have enough parking? Do you anticipate needing more outdoor storage?
The Airlake Industrial Park is home to almost 150 businesses, making it the 2nd largest industrial park in the state of Minnesota. Sites are available in the Industrial Park and offer businesses the ease of interstate I-35 access, close proximity to the Airlake Airport, industrial zoned parcels (with nearby commercial and office park zoned parcels) available for purchase now, reasonable list prices for these available sites. Many sites are available on rail lines and outdoor storage is available on some sites as well. We recommend that you start your discussions with an appointment with our team to help you navigate the process.
Our Recent Projects in Airlake:
- NPL Building (new building – design-build project by APPRO)
- Mendell Machine & Manufacturing (new office and manufacturing facility addition/expansion project by APPRO)
- Hearth & Home (interior expansion and office remodel by APPRO)
If you think that locating your business in the Airlake Industrial Park may be a good fit for your business, or would like more information on available options, please click on the “Contact Us” button to start a conversation.