Road Construction: Launch Park 3rd Addition, Lakeville, MN Appro Development is working with Launch Properties to construct a new road extension to connect 220th Street to Garvey. Additionally, a new turning lane off of Cedar Avenue to 220th Street will be constructed. Progress photos may be viewed here: Launch Park 3rd Addition Lakeville Construction Photos Contact the team at Appro …
In the early morning hours of Friday, September 20, 2019, as the sun was coming up, amid a backdrop of mist, the Gliori family celebrated a groundbreaking at the site of their newest building project. The project is located at 21225 Hamburg Avenue, Lakeville, Minnesota and upon its completion will be an 18,000 square foot (100’ long x 80’ wide ) single story pre-cast concrete warehouse building. Together, Guido and Tracy Gliori commemorated the event with their daughters Isabella and Francesca by planting a maple tree on the site. The building is owned by Gliori Properties.
You may learn more about this project at the following link:
New Design-Build Warehouse Project: 21225 Hamburg Avenue Properties, Lakeville, MN The team at Appro Development has completed a project at 21225 Hamburg Avenue Properties with a new design-build warehouse building project in Lakeville, Minnesota. This project is a 100 ft. long by 80 ft. wide single story pre-cast concrete warehouse building located in the Airlake Industrial Park. Airlake is the …
Attention industrial business owners! If you are currently seeking an industrial site to land your office warehouse, office manufacturing, or office distrubution facility, the Airlake Industrial Park may be an ideal fit.
The team at APPRO Development has created a list of 5 Quick Tips you should look for, if considering a new location.
Take a look at the following list to learn more about:
- The benefits of locating your business in the Airlake Industrial Park
- Items to consider before making a move
- Additional impacts of choosing the right site for your business
Let’s start with the 5 Quick Tips…
There are five quick tips you should consider when choosing a location in the Airlake Industrial Park (or any site for that matter):
1. Location, location, location. First of all, where are you located now? Is that working for you? You may be reading this blog post because you are interested in the Airlake Industrial Park, (or Lakeville, possibly?) and want to learn more. Consider where you and your employees live. What is the current commute like? Is Lakeville in your backyard? Does that matter to you and your employees? Do you need to be close to the Interstate? Or, near a small airport? If you have answered “yes” to some of these questions, Airlake may be a good fit.
2. Amenities. This ties into the first “sign” or consideration, but it is important to consider what your business location has access to for your business to thrive, and to keep high employee retention. Do you prefer to be close to restaurants? To shopping? Are hotels a factor for clients? Does rail access factor into your decision? What about outdoor storage? Are any of these things your business would like, but doesn’t currently have?
3. Price. When considering a location, pricing can vary from parcel to parcel. Not only the price of land, but what is included. Is the parcel of consideration “raw land” or has it been platted? Does it have utilities to the site? At what stage of development is the parcel of consideration – fully platted with lots and blocks, platted as an outlot, or raw land, just waiting to be developed? All of these items factor into pricing considerations. We have a variety of land parcels available in the Airlake Industrial Park in terms of stage of development, and also in terms of cost per square foot.
4. Business Type. Not all land parcels are right for all types of businesses. Zoning must be taken into consideration. Say for example, you have a great idea for a daycare for pets. Current Lakeville zoning code will not allow this type of use in a commercial zoning district, and therefore must be located in an industrial zoning district, unless City approval is sought for a change to the current zoning code. Knowing the current code and how that impacts your business makes a difference.
5. Future. Where do you project your business to be in 5 years, 10 years, or more? Are you on a site now which you are able to expand upon? Do you plan to add more staff? Do you have enough parking? Do you anticipate needing more outdoor storage?
The Airlake Industrial Park is home to almost 150 businesses, making it the 2nd largest industrial park in the state of Minnesota. Sites are available in the Industrial Park and offer businesses the ease of interstate I-35 access, close proximity to the Airlake Airport, industrial zoned parcels (with nearby commercial and office park zoned parcels) available for purchase now, reasonable list prices for these available sites. Many sites are available on rail lines and outdoor storage is available on some sites as well. We recommend that you start your discussions with an appointment with our team to help you navigate the process.
Our Recent Projects in Airlake:
- Launch Properties Phase I (new building – design-build project by APPRO)
- Bass Flexible Packaging ( manufacturing facility addition/expansion project by APPRO)
- Current Listings of Land Available & Additional Site (Available Land Sites listed by CERRON)
Your next steps might include exploring industrial building options. If you would like to consider some available options, let’s start a conversation…
Dedication of Memorial to Maynard B. Johnson
On October 16th, we had the privilege of attending a dedication for a memorial to Maynard Johnson, who had passed away July 16, 2017, at the age of 95. Maynard was one of the original founders of the Airlake Industrial Park, a mentor, and a good friend. It was an honor to be able to attend (and for our owner Jack Matasosky to be able to say a few words at) the dedication ceremony.
The location of the memorial is at Pioneer Plaza, Holyoke Avenue and 208th Street, Lakeville, MN 55044
Many family members, friends, former colleagues, and City of Lakeville representatives helped to make the dedication special through their attendance. Mayor Doug Anderson, Maynard’s Grandson, Brant Skogrand, Jack Matasosky, and Maynard’s daughter each spoke about Maynard’s contributions to our community through Airlake Industrial Park, as well as Pan-o-Prog.
You may learn more about Maynard and his work in the early days of the Airlake Industrial Park at the following LINK or by clicking on the image below.
See also some video highlights of the ceremony:
New Industrial Park Expansion Project Completed Special Considerations Buildings are slab on grade, with warehouse building to be constructed of precast concrete wall panels for the exterior walls, and structural steel roof . The office addition is to include concrete block walls and structural steel roof. Both buildings to include a TPO roofing system and to be fully sprinklered. …
MN Design Build Project: Delmar Company, Lakeville, MN 55044 Looking for and example of a completed MN Design Build Project? See APPRO’s Completed Projects for full details on work completed over their more than 25 year history of providing top notch customer service and high quality construction throughout the Midwest. This completed commercial construction project consisted of an 8,000 sq. ft. office/manufacturing …
Office Production Facility – Custom Color Printing APPRO Development completed construction of this office production facility which includes a 5,760 square foot office/ production/warehouse facility in Lakeville, Minnesota. The structure is slab on grade with steel joist and frame, precast concrete wall panels. This project was completed in the Airlake Industrial Park in which both APPRO Development, Inc. and CERRON Commercial …
New Office – Lakeville, MN A new office, manufacturing, and storage building for Bass Flexible Packaging, a small plastics business. Phase one building size of 6,840 SF. The site was designed to make maximum use of the buildable area. The exterior consists of insulated masonry walls. The single story structure incorporates fire sprinklers and high capacity electrical system for plastics …
WAUSAU SUPPLY COMPANY, LAKEVILLE, MN WAUSAU SUPPLY COMPANY includes the construction of the initial 147,000 sq. ft. office/ warehouse facility, with several expansions increasing the building size to 274,800 sq. ft. located in Lakeville, Minnesota. Building construction consists of a poured concrete slab on grade, pre-engineered metal panel wall and roofing system around the warehouse and CMU wall construction around the …