A Time to Count Blessings – At Thanksgiving and Every Day
With Thanksgiving just one week away, it’s that time of year when we count blessings (the many blessings!) in our lives. You and I may have some of the same items on our “list of things to be thankful”: family, friends, jobs, pets, travel, food on our tables and a warm place to sleep – but let me offer a few new ideas.
- Be thankful for the people in our lives who give us the support and love we need to make a difference.
- Be thankful for the opportunity to build something bigger than ourselves.
- Be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Be thankful that we live in a country packed with freedoms and opportunities so many only dream of.
- Be thankful for the hard times, the mistakes and the pain, for they make us stronger and smarter.
- Be thankful for the unique privilege of being YOU!
- Be thankful that every single day is a fresh, new start.
- Be thankful for the joy of laughter.
A Little Thanksgiving Trivia
The pilgrim leader, Governor William Bradford, had organized the first Thanksgiving feast in 1621. He invited the neighboring Wampanoag Indians to the feast and thanksgiving. The celebration lasted for three days. Lobster, rabbit, chicken, fish, squashes, beans, chestnuts, hickory nuts, onions, leeks, dried fruits, maple syrup, radishes, cabbage, carrots, eggs and goat cheese are thought to have made up the first Thanksgiving feast.
Lakeville-based APPRO Development and CERRON Commercial Properties wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and remind you to be thankful for all the blessings in your lives!