Mankato New Production Facility for Imperial Plastics
The Imperial Plastics Production Facility located in Eastwood Energy Center, Mankato, MN is a new building for a growing MN based plastics manufacturer. The project includes a total building size of 124,368 square feet on a new industrial park lot, including warehouse, office and mezzanine space. APPRO Development, Inc., as design-builder of this project, worked with the owner to meet the unique specifications of this plastics manufacturing facility.
Additional components of this shell building project include:
- Bituminous paving for parking spaces, truck docks and drive areas.
- Landscaping provided around building perimeter and parking/drive areas.
- The floors are concrete slab on grade for the warehouse and office area, structural steel building framing throughout with steel joist roof framing sloped for drainage.
- TPO roofing.
- Exterior walls are to be load bearing architectural pre-cast concrete wall panels.
- Exterior windows to be aluminum window framing with insulated glazing.
- Interior of the building includes interior rooms for the office and restroom areas.
- Building mechanical services to include: fire protection sprinklers, heating units for the warehouse area, heating and cooling of the office areas, plumbing for restrooms and floor drains.
- A new electrical service is to be provided along with general lighting and power.
A virtual tour for this project can be found through the following link:
IMPERIAL PLASTICS VIRTUAL TOUR
Events along with way…
A groundbreaking ceremony occurred on Thursday, August 1, 2013, with ground moving equipment already working to get this project rolling. View the full story of this event on our BLOG page. A special thank you to the Greater Mankato Ambassadors for attending this event and also for sharing photos taken at the groundbreaking event (most of which can be found on this and our blog page). To learn more about the Greater Mankato Growth Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development, you may click HERE to access their website.
- Worked with owner through City processes
- Coordinated project with Xcel Energy
- Assisted owner is securing Tax Increment Financing
- Assisted owner with low interest rate equipment loan
- Assisted with the coordination of project financing
- Site location and brokerage services by CERRON Commercial Properties
- Platting of the lot
- Design-Build services by APPRO Development, Inc.
Do you have a growing business?
If your business is growing, please consider contacting our team to help identify options for you. APPRO Development, Inc. has a dedicated team to help you with every step along the way – from site selection to architectural design to construction management. We work with our clients to make sure they are thrilled with the end result. Start by understanding the financing process: