Top Five “Property Solutions Backpack” Must Have Tools
We would all agree that having the right tools can make a world of difference. We would like to share some “must haves” for your “Property Solutions Backpack”.
Over the years, what we keep in our property solutions backpack certainly has changed over time. As we transition from pencil and paper to desktop software to cloud-based solutions we take with us on the go. Our team is excited to share a variety of tools you may find helpful to your business as you consider your space needs.
Continue to read to learn more about:
- Tools we use to get our job done
- Tools we share with our clients
- Tools you might want to use to keep your team organized and on track
Whether you are the “freshman” just jumping in, or the “big guy” on campus, these Top Five Tools will be helpful for each of you:
- Notebook – new building owners who work with our team receive a 3-ring binder or “notebook” upon completion of a project. Inside, we include warranty information, copies of plans and other details about the building, and how to get in touch with our team. If we didn’t build your building, do you keep all of this information in an easily accessible location? If not, it
- Data – if you are a tenant, owner or landlord, by understanding the details of your property location, you know more about your potential clients, neighbors, and possibly your competition. Did you know you may order a FREE demographics report on your location from our team? We typically pull this report when working on a new real estate listing, but we would be happy to pull a report at any time to help you understand more about your property’s location. Did you know you can also check out an area of interest with an app on your smart phone called “Sitegeist”? It isn’t as detailed as our demographics report, but could get you some of the details you need when exploring a new location.
- Checklists – we all make them, and some people live to make them just to see the items checked off. Did you know that we have a “Commercial Building Maintenance” checklist on our website? Also, if you REALLY love checklists, here is one more tip – if you don’t already have the Evernote app on your desktop and/or smartphone, you should! Having your checklists available in the palm of your hand, or accessible on any device, is a true time saver!!
- Calculator – Curious to know how to calculate how much space you need? Or, need to figure out just how much a change in rate would impact your purchase power? We offer a Space Calculator and a Mortgage Calculator (found on the main page – left side in tools) on our website to help answer these questions.
- Ruler – Every backpack needs a ruler. Do you know how to read a blueprint? Having an architect’s or engineer’s ruler helps to convert scale from say 1/8” or 1/4”. If you would like to request a free scale, email us and let us know if you prefer architectural or engineering style in the comments field.
You might also have interest in these links:
Property Improvement Opportunities
Property Improvements – Tax Savings
Financing Commercial Real Estate
We hope you enjoyed learning about these tools. If you are in need of additional Property Solutions assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our team – we are here to help!