Minnesota – Cool Places to Visit!
As the Minnesota State Fair opens their doors this week, we are reminded that the summer season is quickly coming to an end. Many folks are squeezing in one more trip, or having some fun before the brisk winds of fall start to blow – ushering in the cooler season.
If you are new to Minnesota or are a long time resident looking for something new to do around town, here is a list of our Top Ten Cool Places to Visit in Minnesota:
1. Take a trip to Duluth, MN – On your way up, be sure to stop at Tobies in Hinckley which is about half way between the Twin Cities and Duluth, for a famous Caramel Roll and a cup of Joe. Once in Duluth, be sure to try skipping some rocks along the shores of Lake Superior. Stop by the Glensheen Mansion, take a trolley ride to the shops around town or rent a 2-4 person bicycle to tour around Canal Park. Grab an ice-cream cone from Bridgeman’s on the Lakewalk located next to the Fitger’s Courtyard, overlooking Lake Superior.
2. You could head further north and explore the North Shore – Head north along Hwy 61. Stop at Gooseberry Falls to go hiking or visit Split Rock Lighthouse (which just celebrated its 100th year anniversary). Stop in Tofte and spend a night at the Bluefin Bay. Then, head on up to Lutsen and take a ride on the Alpine Slide.
3. Visit Lanesboro, MN – rent a bike, stay at one of the many B&B’s around town, and maybe even plant a smooch on your honey (it is said to be one of the most romantic towns in the our great state!)
4. Get back to nature at its best by camping in the Boundary Waters – Start at Ely, MN and be sure to visit the International Wolf Center and then grab a camping pack, a large bag of yummy GORP (a high energy mix of granola, raisins, peanuts – & M&M’s) and grab a canoe – then, get hiking, get portaging, hug a tree, hug a bear, but for heaven’s sake, leave the iPods and Blackberrys at home!
5. Pack your bags and head to the Brainerd Nisswa Lakes Area. Go fishing or if you prefer, maybe just tell a fish story. When in Nisswa, you can partake in some good old fashioned turtle racing or try for that hole in one on any one of the abundant area golf courses.
6. Visit the Iron Range, MN – Climb aboard a mining truck, trace your roots at the Genealogy Center, tour an underground mine at the incredible Soudan Mine, or try an exciting ATV adventure and view the northern landscape in a whole new way!
7. Calling all Shop-a-holics – We really should be called the Land of 10,000 Shops!! Visit the Mall of America, Grand Avenue Shops in St. Paul, MN, check out 50th and France, find bargains at the Outlet Shops at Albertville or Medford, or stop to check out the shops in our own backyard by visiting the Pink Door Boutique, or check out Turnstyle Consignment store for something a little different.
8. Stick around the Twin Cities, MN, and be a tourist – visit Museums, history center, restaurants, lakes, Renaissance Festival, golf, Minnesota Zoo, Valley Fair, water park, and many, many more places to have some summer fun!
9. And, speaking of “sticking” around – see how many things you can find “on a stick” at the great Minnesota get-together…the Minnesota State Fair which is running from Thursday, August 26 – Monday, September 3, 2010.
10. And, last but certainly not least, our all time favorite place – is our home – Lakeville, Minnesota. Enjoy picking up some flowers and veggies at our local Farmer’s Market, play some Frisbee in one of our many parks, take a cruise on one of our lakes. You could explore a night on the town by taking in a show at the Lakeville Arts Center or visit the upcoming Lakeville Arts Festival. If you want to learn more about the history of our town, you could visit the Visit Lakeville Website for lots of interesting information.
There you have it – our suggestions for fun places to visit around the Land of 10,000 Lakes! We are certain there are many, many more exciting and fascinating locations – but, really – home is always the best place to come back to and for us that is Lakeville, Minnesota!
We have found over the years that Lakeville is a great place to own a business, build a building or lease or buy a great new space – which, by the way, is exactly what we have been doing and helping others to do for more than 23 years! At APPRO Development and CERRON Commercial Properties, we love where we work and what we do! Give us a call – we would love to share more about what makes the Southern Twin Cities, Minnesota a great place to work and play!